When you think of swimming pool supplies, you might be thinking of a unicorn floaty, a drink koozie, and a delicious beverage. While these swimming pool supplies are important, these are not the supplies we are referring to. Below, our team of experts here at Cayman Pool & Spa has outlined all of the most essential swimming pool supplies for pool owners.
Swimming Pool Supplies: Pool Cleaning
- A telescopic pole – This is a multi-use item that is used to attach nets, brushes, vacuums and more for pool cleaning.
- A skimmer net – Attaches to the telescopic pole and is used to remove bugs, leaves, or any other kind of debris that is floating on the surface of your pool.
- A pool brush – Attaches to the telescopic pole and is used to clean your pool walls and floor.
- A manual pool vacuum – Attaches to the telescopic pole and is used to clean the walls and floor of the pool.
- A robotic pool cleaner – Attaches to the telescopic pole and is used to remove debris from the walls and floor of your pool.
Swimming Pool Supplies: Pool Filters
Your swimming pool filter should be cleaned often. If it looks like your pool water is dirty, we recommend first checking to see if your filter is dirty. The three most common types of filters are DE filters, cartridge filters and sand filters. Each filter type is cleaned differently, so be sure to read your filter instructions carefully.
Swimming Pool Supplies: Pool Covers
Depending on your climate, pool type, and desired level of pool protection, there are a variety of different types of pool covers to fit your needs.