At Cayman Pool & Spa, we have two locations – Mooresville and Concord, North Carolina – to assist you with keeping your pool water properly balanced for enjoyable and safe swimming. We offer free pool water testing at both of our locations or you can purchase a test kit to use yourself. Whichever way you go, you have our full support should you get a result that has you baffled and need some expert help. Feel free to come in or give us a call regarding any pool water testing questions. Here are a few tips on when to test your pool water which can help you get the most enjoyment from your swimming pool.
- Visual Inspection- Each day you should make a visual inspection of the water to determine if anything is out of the ordinary, such as cloudiness or an odd color, and perform water testing if you notice anything unusual.
- Consider Usage- Your pool can need different chemicals and in different amounts based on how much it is being used. Testing the pool water after a pool party or other increase in usage is always a good idea.
- Consider Weather- Pool balance can be thrown off by any number of weather conditions. For example, an excess of rain dilutes your pool chemicals.
- Consider Contaminants- If you’ve had the dog in the pool or leaves and other debris have fallen into the pool, it could upset the balance of the water and pool water testing should be done.
- Inspection of Pool Equipment- Checking the filter often and cleaning it is important. If you got behind and your filter was rather dirty the last time you checked, you should test the water as it may not have gotten sufficient filtering.
- Pool Repairs- If you have recently had pool or pool equipment repairs completed, you should check the water to be sure it wasn’t affected during the work.